Skip to main content

A Valentine's Day note!

  As I sit and sip my milk coffee in a hotel somewhere in the centre of mainland India, I switch on my thinking self. Yeah, I often do that, maybe I even overwork on that mode. But it is unusually working at this hour. Today is February 14th. Oh I know what your expression must have been (Ohhh is it???? We didn t know!!!). Hmm...that day of the year to flaunt your lover, declare your love and what not. Valentine's Day for me in all its glory has always disappointed. No lover, no roses, no gifts, nothing. Thanks to the person I am. Maybe I put across myself as a very boring person. Sighs apart, I don't know if I am one. The truth stares at me from the cream walls. I have never celebrated a Valentine's Day not because my ideology considers it anti national but for the simple truth that I never had one. I ask myself, So? I don't know what is biting me at the moment. Is it that today is Valentine's day or I have nobody to wish one or something else. I know, I have to work, meet a few deadlines and return to myself at the end of the day.
   So for my Valentine, who is comfortably hiding somewhere, or wait, would he have made a wrong choice and ran away with someone (Peace be with him! I will not forgive him for that!) have an awesome day ahead as I will bury myself in paperwork, factory visits and more cups of coffee. On a cautionary note, earlier you find me, the better. I am getting older, shapeless and more sensible. Age is moulding me fast and sorry, I can't hide my wisdom anymore as grey strands are showing up. All these means more trouble for you as I might win arguments, make reasoned choices, and think for myself too...but I promise, only at times...because I still have a girl in me whom I keep in good spirits.
   I have finished my cup of coffee. It is a warm Tuesday morning. I am ready for my long day ahead. To all the lovers out there, celebrate, live, love and enjoy. To the lady in the mirror, eat, pray, work and sleep!
Good day folks!

Comments

  1. Farah,waiting could be a false statement, but I did miss your lovely nuggets of stories. I went back and read many of your earlier stories and poems and then it struck me what I was missing, that charm you bring to the everyday drab. Do keep writing, and do come up with the Rinku-Renu series, my personal favourites, so waiting . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hii Aravind...I don't know where I have lost them...will try to bring them back to life :) thanks a lot for making me pause, read a few ole ones and make me feel like to want to write.!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

That man is my father

Dear Reader, If you have time to spare, spend it with me for a while...I know it is a bit long..Hope I don't bore you..It wudn interest u, I should say..After all, why should u know all these things..Well,lemme make it clear..I don mind if u dont join me here either..I am used to it..being all alone..n I hav no complains.                                                                      luv,                                                                              Chinnu a.k.a M alavika I looked at the mirror that had stains and specks of dirt uniformly spread on it. May be, no one had ever cleaned it. They remained with time, but the reflections changed. I looked at myself in the mirror.I was looking a bit tired.The pimple on my forehead was red and swollen."Arrgh...i jus hated it" I tried to cover it with my fringes. But it did not work.I ran my fingers over my face.Atleast the light pink nail polish on my nails looked good. I just stared at the mirror. Somet

I am a Femist

"Now listen ma, I am going to be a femist. No I am already a femist." Suchita sounded serious. Tears had already collected in the corners of her eyes. Anita did not lift her eyes from the book which she was reading. Bringing up a kid was not at all easy. "Ma...did you heard what I said?" Anita was quick to correct her daughter this time,"Look Suchi, it is did you hear..did you hear what I said." Anita looked at her seven year old daughter. An editor by profession, Anita could never tolerate a grammatical error.It struck her immediately like a wrong note in the octave. (Rude joke:Editors always search for mistakes) "Ok...did you hear?"Suchita had her hands on her hips. Anita found her seven year old daughter extremely cute. Her hair looked unruly. She looked wild, but aren't tiger cubs a delight to watch. "Did you...did you hear?" she tried changing the tone since the initial question did not fetch her an answer. "Suchi..

"Until we meet again"

One Two Three,they came and I lost my count. All in an embrace brown and blue with a band of white. I clutched my ring But missed the caress. The waves faded into the waves But I had no shoulder to rest. The vastness ahead swallowed my tears and echoed from a distant land "Until we meet again."