Skip to main content

Conversation with self

 It's been long since I have penned anything. Caught up in official and not so official work, I have been circumnavigating thoughts of how to revive my blog which I had borne from my itch to express. I have changed as a person through the years. Life has nourished me with tales of sustenance. If I were to write stories today, their flavours would be different. Curries never taste the same twice. The innocence of stories narrated earlier smile at me. I do not return the smile, but hide my scowl. But why? Not for the changed me, but how I miss writing. 

Expressing through free flow of words has always been a forte. Not spoken. Only written. While I speak, I bring with it the burden of my thoughts and mood swings. Heavy and silent. When I write, I sing through my words, a melody that is sweet to my mind. I am at freedom to edit or even delete before your eyes gape at them. The freedom of expression through writing, where the frills of untailored emotions are neatly tucked into solemn words.

Well, you may always ask me then why did I stop writing. I stopped reading and I stagnated in the journey trying to grow roots in the mud that held me tight, yet loose. I withered away like the yellow leaf that turned brown in my balcony. I was trying to get my syntax and grammar correct. Aspiring to be a loquacious petal in a pond of flowers. Peeled off. Floated. Sank. I swallowed my words. For how long, I missed my words.

Today, I have been touched by a muse. A burp of emotions. I feel like writing again. Not to be judged, but to budge. The urge to write is tingling at the tip of my fingers and as I type, I hum to myself, a song i would like the world to hear. Not in measured tunes of Ragas and talas. But words. From my heart to yours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That man is my father

Dear Reader, If you have time to spare, spend it with me for a while...I know it is a bit long..Hope I don't bore you..It wudn interest u, I should say..After all, why should u know all these things..Well,lemme make it clear..I don mind if u dont join me here either..I am used to it..being all alone..n I hav no complains.                                                                      luv,                                                                              Chinnu a.k.a M alavika I looked at the mirror that had stains and specks of dirt uniformly spread on it. May be, no one had ever cleaned it. They remained with time, but the reflections changed. I looked at myself in the mirror.I was looking a bit tired.The pimple on my forehead was red and swollen."Arrgh...i jus hated it" I tried to cover it with my fringes. But it did not work.I ran my fingers over my face.Atleast the light pink nail polish on my nails looked good. I just stared at the mirror. Somet

I am a Femist

"Now listen ma, I am going to be a femist. No I am already a femist." Suchita sounded serious. Tears had already collected in the corners of her eyes. Anita did not lift her eyes from the book which she was reading. Bringing up a kid was not at all easy. "Ma...did you heard what I said?" Anita was quick to correct her daughter this time,"Look Suchi, it is did you hear..did you hear what I said." Anita looked at her seven year old daughter. An editor by profession, Anita could never tolerate a grammatical error.It struck her immediately like a wrong note in the octave. (Rude joke:Editors always search for mistakes) "Ok...did you hear?"Suchita had her hands on her hips. Anita found her seven year old daughter extremely cute. Her hair looked unruly. She looked wild, but aren't tiger cubs a delight to watch. "Did you...did you hear?" she tried changing the tone since the initial question did not fetch her an answer. "Suchi..

"Until we meet again"

One Two Three,they came and I lost my count. All in an embrace brown and blue with a band of white. I clutched my ring But missed the caress. The waves faded into the waves But I had no shoulder to rest. The vastness ahead swallowed my tears and echoed from a distant land "Until we meet again."