Skip to main content

To start afresh...

To breathe life into these pages, that once was my abode
To paint them with colors of characters I never could be
To live the life of children that smell only of goodness
To love, to be unrequited in love
To celebrate, to be lonely
To the words that gave my thoughts the intensity I wanted
I bow.

To Sanaya, the esteemed who smiled back at life
To Munna, so young and tender who is back on her feet
To Manish, who happily holds his wife and daughter in his busrides
To Surabhi, living life on her terms
To all the daughters who fought and lost their battles for us to win the war
To Smriti, who is Appu's Vaachi too
To Malavika, who no more carries the bundle of that man stories, but memories of a father she never had
To Shriya, growing up to dance in the rain and run up the hills
To Suchita, who is more than an aspiring feminist
To moments of fractured freedom, where hope bleeds
To the dreamer that Nandana continues to be and Miriam learnt to become
To Preeti's unbroken spirit and the aromas that arise from Kochettan's chaya kada
To Amy who left and never returned
To Anu who knows nothing less of success these days
To the hope of humanity that shines in Ritika
To the innocence Rinku loses each day growing up,
I find myself raising a toast.

I have been them, I have not been them. They inspire me to write. Be my muse! The journey I started in 2009 had a hiatus in between. A different beat was no more different. Here, I start again with trembling fingers and an onus on the self: Bring them to life. I am writing again.
Thanks to all who have supported me in this journey. Cheers.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That man is my father

Dear Reader, If you have time to spare, spend it with me for a while...I know it is a bit long..Hope I don't bore you..It wudn interest u, I should say..After all, why should u know all these things..Well,lemme make it clear..I don mind if u dont join me here either..I am used to it..being all alone..n I hav no complains.                                                                      luv,                                                                              Chinnu a.k.a M alavika I looked at the mirror that had stains and specks of dirt uniformly spread on it. May be, no one had ever cleaned it. They remained with time, but the reflections changed. I looked at myself in the mirror.I was looking a bit tired.The pimple on my forehead was red and swollen."Arrgh...i jus hated it" I tried to cover it with my fringes. But it did not work.I ran my fingers over my face.Atleast the light pink nail polish on my nails looked good. I just stared at the mirror. Somet

I am a Femist

"Now listen ma, I am going to be a femist. No I am already a femist." Suchita sounded serious. Tears had already collected in the corners of her eyes. Anita did not lift her eyes from the book which she was reading. Bringing up a kid was not at all easy. "Ma...did you heard what I said?" Anita was quick to correct her daughter this time,"Look Suchi, it is did you hear..did you hear what I said." Anita looked at her seven year old daughter. An editor by profession, Anita could never tolerate a grammatical error.It struck her immediately like a wrong note in the octave. (Rude joke:Editors always search for mistakes) "Ok...did you hear?"Suchita had her hands on her hips. Anita found her seven year old daughter extremely cute. Her hair looked unruly. She looked wild, but aren't tiger cubs a delight to watch. "Did you...did you hear?" she tried changing the tone since the initial question did not fetch her an answer. "Suchi..

"Until we meet again"

One Two Three,they came and I lost my count. All in an embrace brown and blue with a band of white. I clutched my ring But missed the caress. The waves faded into the waves But I had no shoulder to rest. The vastness ahead swallowed my tears and echoed from a distant land "Until we meet again."