Skip to main content

THREE CHEERS...

Tuesday night



THREE CHEERS

HIP HIP HURRAY

HIP HIP HURRAY

HIP HIP HURRAY !!!!!!!!



Never in my life I have heard someone cheering me or congratulating me or praising me.Of course,I know the problem lies with me.I haven't done anything praiseworhty..wait...did I say..haven't done? No.That would be half-truth.I keep trying.Seriously.(don't laugh..I know I often make myself a funny figure.)But,I have done things.Commendable things.Getting full 5 marks for a dictation(whole night i was sitting with my text book),learnt to play the guitar (failed miserably on stage,when the strings gave out),ran after the bus(reached school in an auto)..so many unaccountable things.May be,the problem lies with people around.They fail to recognize my capabilities.

Just as it happened today.I was running back from school all happy.I had made it into the final list of athletes-Field event-shot put.OK..I agree,I could not make it to the victory stand.But still....

My parents were literally ecstatic.(dont go wrong).Yes..yes..my brother did it again.Just 5 more points.He will be sports champion tomorrow.

Ofcourse...Ofcourse.I am happy for him.Every year,I see the same thing.Friends carrying him around.Celeberations,cheers,sweets,trophies..How I wish...



Wednesday night



I...I...

How should I put it?

Ok..My brother did it again.He is the individual champion.Congrats Munna!!!!!

But that is not what i wanted to say.I participated in the 800 m race today.My sir miscalculated my "stamina concept" .But still..I have reasons to cheer.

After the final call,I had assembled at the starter's point with my friends..na,fellow athletes..Tough competiton(not from my part..nor they for me).

Everyone turned a second time to take note of the athlete on track 4.(thats me).

Fat(not exceeding the normal limits by any standard),Short(just clearing the minimum height) and...in all sense...totally unfit for an amateur 8oo m athlete.

Best wishes flowed in.(not for me).Athlete in track 6 was everyone's favourite, followed by 2 and 8.That would be a safe bet.

Athletes..On your mark..(Goddddddddddddddd!!!!! Am I trembling???Yes...Yes...I am)..Get..

Whistle...someone had made a foul start.(thank God..not me).

Again...same words..Get..set..Go..Thud

I was floating.No running..Did my life depend on it?No right?

Cheers...wishes...shouts...No where i heard my name..

I wished I hadn't..


I was last after 100 m.Still 700 to go.7 of them in front of me.

Suddenly a bolt from the blue..

"Anuuuuu...comon....run..run...didi run..comon.."That was my name right?That was my Munna right?

Oh..no...school champion Munna cheering for an athlete who is sure to fail??

No....

Suddenly his friends joined him."Anu....run...ruuuuuuuuuunnn.....up up Anu..up up Anu.."

The stadium was literally resounding 20 odd throats.

"God..Please help me run fast.Once..Please"

200m done.still last.

"Anu...Anu..Anu"

400m.still last.

"God..once"

Maybe I had just crossed 500m.yes...I was gaining speed..A soft bye to 1..(thank God)

"Comon didi...u can do it"(can i???)

700 m..I was 2nd from last.The last lap was not promising.I saw 2 contestants crossing the victory line.Still running..Gasping..

All cheers merging into claps and hurrays and shouts.

I had finished 6th.(oh..defeated 2???)Everyone round me was congratulating the winners...words of comfort for us..

There was Munna and his friends."didi....I am proud of you."

(I never wanted to..but they did not seek my permission.Tears were flowing down the cheeks.)

"hey...it was fun seeing you run...Like a ball."Everyone joined in and the laughter spread.The spirit of sporstmanship,participation had won me praises,handshakes...

But...what made me run fast???what made others cheer me???what made me cry???

all these whats had just one answer.

My Munna...My Brother...My Champion.

Brother..You are my pride.



Today...I heard others cheering me..first time...yes..for the first time in my life..Thank you all..it really did raise my spirits..I am happy.



Thus ended another account in Anu's diary.

Comments

  1. this is rockin stuff yaar, three cheers to munna n anu:):) n ya of course for U:):)..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to invent new adjectives to describe your posts:)..its such a heartwarming experience wen u hav someone to lift you up from the rut. Emotions were gushing up from the'suddenly a bolt from the blue' part. Damn! i miss my brother...in fact all my brothers:) thank you Farah for this wonderful experience

    ReplyDelete
  3. hii...thank you..:-)
    ur comments really boost me up...and about the emotion part...yup me too...even i miss my brthr..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

That man is my father

Dear Reader, If you have time to spare, spend it with me for a while...I know it is a bit long..Hope I don't bore you..It wudn interest u, I should say..After all, why should u know all these things..Well,lemme make it clear..I don mind if u dont join me here either..I am used to it..being all alone..n I hav no complains.                                                                      luv,                                                                              Chinnu a.k.a M alavika I looked at the mirror that had stains and specks of dirt uniformly spread on it. May be, no one had ever cleaned it. They remained with time, but the reflections changed. I looked at myself in the mirror.I was looking a bit tired.The pimple on my forehead was red and swollen."Arrgh...i jus hated it" I tried to cover it with my fringes. But it did not work.I ran my fingers over my face.Atleast the light pink nail polish on my nails looked good. I just stared at the mirror. Somet

A Valentine's Day note!

  As I sit and sip my milk coffee in a hotel somewhere in the centre of mainland India, I switch on my thinking self. Yeah, I often do that, maybe I even overwork on that mode. But it is unusually working at this hour. Today is February 14th. Oh I know what your expression must have been (Ohhh is it???? We didn t know!!!). Hmm...that day of the year to flaunt your lover, declare your love and what not. Valentine's Day for me in all its glory has always disappointed. No lover, no roses, no gifts, nothing. Thanks to the person I am. Maybe I put across myself as a very boring person. Sighs apart, I don't know if I am one. The truth stares at me from the cream walls. I have never celebrated a Valentine's Day not because my ideology considers it anti national but for the simple truth that I never had one. I ask myself, So? I don't know what is biting me at the moment. Is it that today is Valentine's day or I have nobody to wish one or something else. I know, I have to w

I am a Femist

"Now listen ma, I am going to be a femist. No I am already a femist." Suchita sounded serious. Tears had already collected in the corners of her eyes. Anita did not lift her eyes from the book which she was reading. Bringing up a kid was not at all easy. "Ma...did you heard what I said?" Anita was quick to correct her daughter this time,"Look Suchi, it is did you hear..did you hear what I said." Anita looked at her seven year old daughter. An editor by profession, Anita could never tolerate a grammatical error.It struck her immediately like a wrong note in the octave. (Rude joke:Editors always search for mistakes) "Ok...did you hear?"Suchita had her hands on her hips. Anita found her seven year old daughter extremely cute. Her hair looked unruly. She looked wild, but aren't tiger cubs a delight to watch. "Did you...did you hear?" she tried changing the tone since the initial question did not fetch her an answer. "Suchi..